Protect Yourself from Financial Fraud
Fraudsters are always looking for new ways to scam customers. To avoid becoming a victim to any form of financial fraud, it’s important to keep your wits about you and take some basic precautions.
1. Understand the guidance:
- From the Financial Conduct Authority: https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/protect-yourself-scams
- From the Money Advice Service: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/beginners-guide-to-scams
- From Action Fraud: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
- From the UK Government: https://www.gov.uk/report-suspicious-emails-websites-phishing
2. Always check the company is legitimate and authorised for the services they offer:
- Lookup an FCA registered company: https://register.fca.org.uk/
- Lookup the registered company details: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/companies-house
- Check the “unauthorised firms” list: https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/unauthorised-firms-individuals
- Check the FCA warning list: https://www.fca.org.uk/scamsmart/warning-list
3. If you are unsure, locate the company details directly and contact them on their official contact numbers.
- You can validate any contact from Code Investing using the contact details listed: https://www.codeinvesting.com/contact
- You can validate our FCA authorisations at the FCA register: https://register.fca.org.uk/s/firm?id=001b000000XpRihAAF
- You can validate our UK company information at Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07706111
4. If you are the recipient of a scam, report it.
- Via Action Fraud: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
- Via the FCA: https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/report-scam-us
- Forward phishing and scam emails to the UK’s suspicious email reporting service: email@example.com
Clone Websites and Companies
Code Investing Ltd. has been alerted about a number of clone websites and fake companies that are attempting to scam lenders, investors and borrowers by pretending to be part of our firm. These websites are in no way affiliated with Code Investing Ltd., and we do not pass on any client details to any third-party without your prior consent. Where we are made aware of these websites and fake companies we immediately report them to our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA, https://www.fca.org.uk/), and the National Crime Agency (NCA, https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/).
We only use domains ending codeinvesting.com for our website and direct email, and always enable secure and encrypted connections with a valid certificate; shown by the padlock icon in your brower.
For more details specifically on this type of fraud, visit the FCA information page: https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/avoid-scams-unauthorised-firms/clone-firms-individuals
The FCA issues warnings for known scams and clone companies as part of the news section of its website. You can view the full set of FCA warnings here: https://www.fca.org.uk/news/search-results?np_category=warnings&start=1
In particular, we’d like to bring the following alerts to your attention:
- Atlas Funding Group
We’re aware this company is using our FCA and other company numbers, alongside a modified CODE Investing logo and duplicate website.
Full report: https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/atlas-funding-group-ltd-clone-fca-authorised-firm