Whether you are a high net worth, sophisticated or general investor, support UK businesses by investing in mini-bonds through CODE.
How to invest
We source, select and screen a diverse range of businesses offering you quality debt investment opportunities.
Investing is simple:
2) Review investment offers
Our due diligence processes mean that we only show you businesses that have passed our stringent vetting procedures.
3) Start investing
Choose an opportunity, transfer funds to your account and get investing.
Ways to invest with CODE
We offer a wide range of product, sector and geographically located investment opportunities.
CODE Investing are sector agnostic, working with a broad array of SMEs applying for debt finance. Our experienced credit analysis team carefully review every funding application and only allow credible, established or high growth businesses to pass through our Onboarding process.
Investing in SMEs always involves an element of risk*. One of the most effective ways to manage risk is diversification. Our pre-selected and heavily vetted opportunities allow you to diversify across a wide range of business sectors and investment types with greater peace of mind.
* Investing in small and medium businesses involves risks, including illiquidity, lack of dividends, loss of your investment and dilution and it should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio.
Benefits of debt investing
Mini-bonds can offer a higher return than other less risky investments such as cash or government bonds*
Mini-bonds pay you regular and pre-set returns (interest coupons) until the bond term ends and your investment is returned to you*
If secured, you may benefit from having a claim on some of the borrowers’ asset – this can provide some security against potential capital losses
* Mini bonds carry a higher risk of default than government and other types of corporate bonds. You may lose some or all of your capital should you invest as the assets on which the bonds are secured may not be sufficient to pay back your investment in all circumstances.
Why invest with us
Make informed decisions and invest with greater confidence.
Tough selection criteria
Before being selected, every investment proposal is subjected to thorough and rigorous analysis.
Our credit analysis team assess and evaluate each business against our own strict criteria before it can pass into our Onboarding process.
Rigorous due diligence process
During CODE Investing’s Onboarding process, we confirm that the business is robust and that its claims are valid.
Our highly experienced team ensure that all business opportunities presented to you are professionally vetted.
Excellent service & transparency
CODE Investing provides you with the information we believe you need to decide on an investment offer.
We ensure the structure of each investment and its potential return are clear, transparent and simple – and you won’t be charged any investor fees.
The CODE investment process
Source and select SMEs seeking finance
Assess SME prospects and credit quality
Agree interest rate and terms of mini-bond
Complete investment documentation
1) All businesses are pre-screened against maturity and size metrics to ensure we only consider suitable candidates.
2) We combine technology with industry best practices to generate a credit assessment and vet the business. Our team of financial professionals use their extensive experience to advise on structuring and pricing.
3) The results of the diligence process are passed on to our Credit Committee who decide whether to proceed with the investment offer. Any identified areas requiring further investigation are fed back to the diligence team for follow-up before approval
4) We produce relevant legal and investor documents, and confirm compliance for the offer. It then goes live on our platform where you, as a registered investor can review and invest in the opportunity.
Mini-bond investor FAQs
What are the different types of mini-bond investors?
CODE Investing categorizes our mini-bond investors as either Sophisticated, High Net Worth (HNW) or General investors. Generally speaking they are defined as follows.
Is one of the following:
- A director of a company turning over at least £1 million within the last two years
- Have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the last two years
- A member of a network or syndicate of business angels for at least six months
- Have worked in the past two years in a professional capacity in the private equity sector or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises
- Has a net income in excess of £100K; or
- Has net assets in excess of £250K beyond your pension fund assets and your private residence
In the twelve months preceding
- Has not invested more than 10% of personal net assets in unlisted shares or unlisted debt securities; and
- Will not invest more than 10% of personal net assets in unlisted shares or unlisted debt securities
How do I self-certify my investor status?
As part of the joining process with CODE we will ask you to choose which type of investor you are based on your investment experience and income. This will determine the types of mini-bonds you can invest in.
What fees will I pay?
None, there are no investment fees for mini-bond investors.
How do I get started?
It’s simple, just enter your basic details.
Didn’t find the answers you were looking for? Contact us now.