High Net Worth, Sophisticated and Retail Investors
Support UK businesses by investing in growing SMEs that offer you higher potential returns.
61% Successful raises on our site in 2016 | £84,000,000 Successfully raised
The Cotswolds Distillery
Ultra-premium whisky and gin
Maximum target of £1,001,000 reached
England’s Oldest Vineyard
Over £3.5 million raised
How to Invest
We source, select and screen a diverse range of businesses offering you both debt and equity investment opportunities.
Investing is simple:
Setup your account
Register with us in minutes, sign up for our newsletter too and we will send you regular investment opportunities, updates and news.
Review investment offers
Our due diligence processes mean that we only show you businesses that have passed our stringent vetting procedures.
Choose an opportunity, transfer funds to your account and get investing.
Ways to Invest
We offer a wide range of product, sector and geographically located investment opportunities.
Investing in SMEs always involves an element of risk*. Our experienced investment specialists carefully review every funding application and only allow credible, established and high growth businesses to pass through our Bootcamp process.
One of the most effective ways to manage risk is diversification. Our pre-selected and heavily vetted opportunities allow you to diversify across a wide range of business sectors and investment types with greater peace of mind.
* Investing in startups and early stage businesses involves risks, including illiquidity, lack of dividends, loss of your investment and dilution and it should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio.
Benefits of debt and equity investing:
- Mini bond opportunities often offer larger investment possibilities than equity and may be a preferred choice if you have a large sum to invest
- Mini bonds can offer a higher return than other less risky investments such as cash or government bonds*
- Mini bonds pay you regular and preset returns (coupons) until the bond term ends and your investment is returned to you*
- If secured, you may benefit from having a claim on some of the borrowers’ asset. This can provide some security against potential capital losses
* Mini bonds carry a higher risk of default than government and other types of corporate bonds.
- It’s possible you could make returns of several times the amount invested for some types of business, upon success and over time
- You may be entitled to receive tax breaks in the form of SEIS and EIS on your equity investments if the underlying business is eligible
- As a shareholder and co-owner you may have some say in the future plans of the business you invest in
- If the business succeeds, you may get a greater return than you could from debt investing. The flipside is there’s greater risk the investment would be lost should the business fail
Why invest with us
Our goal is to ensure you can make a better informed decision, so you can invest with greater confidence.
Tough selection criteria
Before being selected, each opportunity is subjected to rigorous analysis.
Our investment specialists assess and evaluate each business against our own strict criteria before it can pass into our Bootcamp.
Rigorous due diligence process
During CODE Investing’s Bootcamp process, we confirm that the business is robust and that its claims are valid.
Our highly experienced team ensure that all business opportunities presented to you are professionally vetted.
Excellent service & transparency
CODE Investing provides you with the information we believe you need to decide on an investment offer.
We ensure the structure of each investment and its potential return are clear, transparent and simple – and you won’t be charged any investor fees.
The CODE Investing investment process
All businesses are pre-screened against maturity and size metrics to ensure we only consider suitable candidates.
We combine technology with industry best practices to generate a credit assessment and vet the business. Our team of financial professionals also use their extensive experience to advise on structuring and pricing.
The results of the diligence process are passed on to our Credit Committee who decide whether to proceed with the investment offer. Any identified areas requiring further investigation are fed back to the diligence team for follow-up before approval